What is VIICTR.org?
The Virtually Integrated Institutions for Clinical and Translational Research (VIICTR) website serves as a platform for innovation, collaboration, and data sharing across a multi-institutional network of scientific investigators, clinicians, and community leaders to enable clinical and translational research and discovery.
What is translational research?
The aim of translational research is to apply knowledge gained from the basic sciences to clinical and community health-care settings. This concept is often described as "bench-to-bedside" and "bedside-to-community" research. Frequently, it involves a novel approach to an established health care problem.
What does VIICTR.org provide?
VIICTR.org provides just-in-time access to tools and resources to support translational research needs throughout all stages of the process—from the bench, to the bedside, to the clinic, to the community, and back.
- Information about research tools and services, clinical facilities, funding opportunities, and guidance on regulatory requirements from planning through data analysis and sharing
- Consultation services for investigators in need of specialized expertise (e.g., research informatics)
- Education and training programs to prepare the next generation of clinical investigators and translational scientists
- Networking and opportunities for investigators to identify and engage collaborators and to share information with others
- Resources and guidance for new faculty, fellows, residents, and medical and clinical staff who are interested in learning about the translational research process and how to participate in it
Who sponsors VIICTR.org?
The Dan L. Duncan Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) is the home for this virtual center.
Who leads VIICTR.org?
The VIICTR.org co-directors lead this initiative by ensuring that this virtual platform serves its member institutions by delivering content where, when, and how it is needed, and by continuously improving its functions and services in response to institutional needs.
Which institutions participate?
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Ben Taub General Hospital, and the Gulf Coast Consortia—are working together to improve human health in our communities, region, state, nation and around the globe.
To learn more about VIICTR.org, please Contact Us.